Connecticut Conservatorships

Need an attorney conservator in CT? Contact Attorney Mark DellaValle in Bridgeport, Norwalk, New Haven, or throughout the state.

Contact Now


Conservatorship Questions? Call (203) 877-9911

Attorney Mark DellaValle assists families by serving as their conservator and/or assisting appointed conservators in addressing legal issues. Mark’s compassion and professionalism help him fill this important role, providing needed counsel and guidance to families during difficult times.

Norwalk and Bridgeport Conservatorships

A conservator is someone who has been appointed by the Probate Court to manage the financial and personal needs of another person who the Court has determined is unable to take care of himself or manage his affairs because of a mental of physical condition.

There are two types of conservators in Connecticut. A conservator of the person is responsible for managing the basic needs of the conserved person which includes making decisions regarding housing, health and the general welfare of the conserved person. A conservator of the estate is responsible for protecting the conserved person’s property, handling the income and managing the expenses. The Court requires that the conservator file periodic reports regarding the status of the conservatorship and to account for any monies spent on the conserved person’s behalf.

In many situations a family member will be appointed conservator for their loved one. In some situations, a family member will request that an independent person serve as conservator so as not to jeopardize their relationship or because they do not have the time or expertise to manage the financial affairs of another person.

Attorney Mark DellaValle has been hand picked by numerous judges in the State of Connecticut for particularly challenging conservatorship cases. These include persons who suffer from dementia and persons who have been diagnosed with a mental illness.

Connecticut Conservatorships

Contact Attorney Mark DellaValle if you need a fair independent person to serve as conservator for your loved one. Mark offers free consultations and can further discuss this important aspect of the law with you. Mark may be reached at (203) 877-9911 or via the contact form on this website.